View all Grocery Coupons & Grocery Deals

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Family Weekend Away ~ Leavenworth

Our mini family vacation was a blast! We had so much fun. Everyone got along and enjoyed each other. My son, who said he would refuse to talk to us the entire trip; talked our ears off on the way there. He spent the entire 2 hours talking about history! OMG...we couldn't get him to shut up. LOL I think I had a permanent smile the whole way there!

We spent the weekend: exploring Leavenworth, shopping, playing games, a mini birthday celebration for my sister in law, and just goofing around. Had a wild game of charades. (I won...thank you very much). Played several games of cards (I didn't win....).

It didn't snow while there:-( BUT, on way home we got a big blast of it on the pass. It was slippery! We came upon an accident where one car had went over the side of road! SCARY Of course by the time we hit the snow; my camera batteries were dead. I was bummed about that.

Overall, it was a GREAT family vacation. I think a much needed getaway for myself, David and kids.

Here's the kids....being goofy in car ride over.


B and D playing in the pool. Did I mention its an OUTSIDE pool and it was about 40 degree's....at 10:00 at night! BRRRRRR


Getting warm and hamming it up in hottub.


This was the view from our backdeck of condo.


PRIORITIES! David checking his Fantasy Football stats..


D on the ride into town.


WELCOME TO LEAVENWORTH


David and my grampa...waiting on the WARM side of the street for us shoppers.



Public transportation.


Cute little Bavarian village nestled in the mountains.


The towns MayPole. They put this up about 9 years ago as a permanent fixture. AND WE WERE THERE. K and D remembered the celebration: parade, dancing in the streets ect. B was too little. But it was kinda cool to see it again.


My brother and family, taking a horse drawn carriage ride. My brother looks a bit bored. LOL


Nephew and B rolling down the hill in the city park.


Running back up....


America's Next Top Models...in the famous Hat Store


Helium fun! We laughed and laughed and laughed over this. I guess we are easily amused.


Davids turn!


America's Next Top Models part 2


Cleaning up to go home. DARN

3 comments:

TK Kerouac said...

Looks like a great vacation... your kids are beauties... just wait till they start dating...yikes!

Michelle said...

Wow! Looks like a great time was had by all!! Sometimes its so nice to get away :) I am glad you had fun. Great looking kids you have there :)

Moosekahl said...

That looks like a great trip! I think I like the hat store picture the best though...I love cool "accessories".